It’s no secret that pets can leave behind some unpleasant odors. But you don’t have to put up with pet odor in your home. We’re experts when it comes to cleaning up after pets and taking care of pet odor! In this blog post, we’ll discuss 6 different ways to eliminate pet odor so you can keep your home smelling fresh and clean. Keep reading to learn more about how to get rid of pet odor once and for all!
1) Clean up any accidents immediately
No matter how hard we try, accidents happen. It’s important to clean up any pet messes as soon as possible. This will help reduce the chance of the mess stinking up your house and creating an unpleasant smell.
To tackle urine odors in your home, use an enzymatic neutralizer like Nature’s Miracle to spot treat and eliminate odor. Even if your pets are potty trained, it’s still a great idea to keep this type of cleaner around.
2) Use a dry carpet cleaner for pet odor
If you have a newer carpet, it’s probably not recommended for you to use baking soda on it to eliminate pet odors. Instead, try using a dry carpet cleaner. This sawdust-like, granular product works its way into carpet to absorb spills, odors and stains. Once it’s done its magic, you simply vaccum it up. Host Dry Carpet Cleaner can be used on sisal, wool, and oriental rugs.
3) Give your pet a regular bath
Regularly bathing your pet will also prevent their odors from spreading throughout your home. To stay on top of it, schedule a recurring grooming appointment for your pet or set a reminder in your phone so you never forget bath time.
4) Vacuum up fur and pet dander
When it comes to pet hair and dander, getting rid of it is no small chore. Vacuuming the floor is a great place to start, but if you want to make sure you’re really removing all that pet hair and dander, you have to think beyond the floor. Your couch cushions, stairs, pet beds, cat towers, and all the corners where your pet likes to hang out also need to be vacuumed.
5) Maintain an pet odor-free litter box
If you are using the best odor-eliminating litter you can find, you might still smell your cat’s litter box throughout your home. Here’s a few tips to help:
- Scoop their litter daily. The best way to prevent lingering smells is to at least scoop their litter box at least once per day.
- Wear gloves and wash their litter box once weekly with warm water and soap. Never use bleach.
- If the litter box still smells, then it needs to be replaced. A box used by one cat would probably need to be replaced every year.
- Sprinkle a thin layer of baking soda in the box before adding the litter.
6) Freshen up the air in your home
The simplest way to maintain a fresh smelling home is to introduce some fresh air. That’s right, just open your windows and allow your fans to blow some fresh outdoor air around your home. But, if the weather isn’t pleasant, try one of these ideas:
- Air purifier: A continuously running air purifier with a HEPA filter will clear any air pollutants and odors from a room
- Odor neutralizing spray: Using a neutralizing spray does more than just cover the odor with another scent. They also prevent you from being able to smell those odor-causing molecules.
- Charcoal bag: Charcoal is a natural ingredient that absorbs odors and odor-causing moisture. Placing a charcoal bag in each room is the safest, enviromentally-conscious way of eliminating animal odor in your home.
Relax and let us keep your home free from pet odor!
If you’re looking for the best home cleaning service in Madison WI, Verona WI, and Monona WI, look no further than Touch of Europe Cleaning. Let our friendly, dependable professionals take care of your cleaning needs from top to bottom. Our team has the skills and equipment necessary to help you tackle your pet odor problem. We can even use deodorizing products to help reduce pet odors and leave your home smelling fresh and clean.
Call us or request a quote online today for your free estimate!